News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Can you read this? :)

Started by Amicale, January 21, 2012, 07:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amicale

Fun 'brain test':

I've seen this with the letters out of order, and you probably have too -- but have you seen it with numbers?

F1gur471v3ly 5p34k1ng?

Good example of a Brain Study: If you can read this you have a strong mind:

7H15 M3554G3 53RV35 7O PR0V3 H0W 0UR M1ND5 C4N D0 4M4Z1NG 7H1NG5! 1MPR3551V3 7H1NG5! 1N 7H3 B3G1NN1NG 17 WA5 H4RD BU7 N0W, 0N 7H15 LIN3 Y0UR M1ND 1S R34D1NG 17 4U70M471C4LLY W17H 0U7 3V3N 7H1NK1NG 4B0U7 17, B3 PROUD! 0NLY C3R741N P30PL3 C4N R3AD 7H15.

Note from Amicale: I printed this out, and a few family members couldn't make heads or tails of it. Interestingly, the ones who're familiar with the internet could without a problem. I take it that we've grown used to 'g33ky l33t sp3@k' online, so we're the ones who don't have a problem. But maybe I'm wrong, there could be people online who aren't sure what certain words are saying. Let me know if you had any issues with it!

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism

It was just like you said.  It was automatic right when you said it would be.
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out". Richard Dawkins

Whitney

I was able to read it after re-reading the first few words in the sentence.  And I don't use text speech nor am I exposed to it frequently....i actually hate it and think that with the way phones are now set up to autocomplete that it's easier to just use the real word.  I do make an exception for using u instead of you and ignore sentence structure often (which I"m sure has affected my grammar skills).

Tank

Took a couple of runs, but I got it in the end.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

The Asmo's computing power is such that he can read numbers pretty much as fast as regular letters from the start  ;D All he needs is an explanation of what sounds the numbers corespond to, and then - no problem.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

history_geek

Well, there was a word or two that made me pause for a second before I figured it out (for example "W17H 0U7", but I think it's because of the spelling error ;D ), otherwise I could read it without muh difficulty, just like with txet with mipslaced lettres ;)

Anyway, these are sometimes kinda fun, and usually interesting...thanks for shareing :)
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
"Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from a god."
Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace:
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i

Sandra Craft

That was easy, but that's how I create computer passwords so I've had practice.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Thunder Road

What I noticed while I read that (which I read all the way through the first time, btw) was that once by I recognized a certain string of numbers as a certain word, for example once I knew that 7H15 = THIS, I didn't have to think about it again.  Also, I was auto-completing the sentence even before I got to the words, because there are certain popular phrases where I guess what word comes next.  It's a neat trick though.
"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see." -John Lennon, Strawberry Fields Forever

Freshman Meteorology major at Valparaiso University in Indiana and fan of exclusively classic rock.

Ali

xSilverPhinx

I read it well, but then again patterns are really ingrained in me. ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sweetdeath

I CAN read it! Woo hoo~ :)
I also read a backwords paragraph last night on fb. It was kind of frightening how easy it was.
I must be posessed. XP
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Guardian85

Got it on the first try. A little slow at first, but very easy once you get going.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Guardian85 on January 22, 2012, 04:04:27 PM
Got it on the first try. A little slow at first, but very easy once you get going.

The mind is amazing, isn't it?
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

MariaEvri

read it well and I ain't even english :P
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

pytheas

Quote from: MariaEvri on January 22, 2012, 04:48:29 PM
read it well and I ain't even english :P

that's not strictly true, given your recent fleeting heritage

hi dear, happier here isn't it?
"Not what we have But what we enjoy, constitutes our abundance."
"Freedom is the greatest fruit of self-sufficiency"
"Nothing is enough for the man to whom enough is too little."
by EPICURUS 4th century BCE