News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Wanna read this?

Started by Magdalena, March 03, 2010, 05:26:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

"God will forgive me; that's his business."--Heinrich Heine (1797-1856)

"We must be greater than God,for we have to undo His injustice."--Jules Renard

"When a pious visitor inquired sweetly, "Henry, have you made your peace with God?" he [Thoreau] replied, "We have never quarrelled." --Brooks Atkinson

"The speech of the Almighty [in the book of Job]...is a parade of power, devoid of moral content... positively immoral by any human standards."--Kenneth Rexroth

'Who says I am not under the special protection of God?"--Adolph Hitler

"There are scores of thousands of sects who are ready at a moment's notice to reveal the will of  God on every possible subject."--George Bernard Shaw

"With soap baptism is a good thing."--Rober G. Ingersoll (1833-1899)

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet."--Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dries

Quote from: "magdalena""God will forgive me; that's his business."--Heinrich Heine (1797-1856)

"When a pious visitor inquired sweetly, "Henry, have you made your peace with God?" he [Thoreau] replied, "We have never quarrelled." --Brooks Atkinson

"The speech of the Almighty [in the book of Job]...is a parade of power, devoid of moral content... positively immoral by any human standards."--Kenneth Rexroth

"There are scores of thousands of sects who are ready at a moment's notice to reveal the will of  God on every possible subject."--George Bernard Shaw

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet."--Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Nice  :bananacolor:  :bananacolor:

Fallen Jedii

Quote from: "magdalena""God will forgive me; that's his business."--Heinrich Heine (1797-1856)

I like it! Especially the quote from Napoleon. Good stuff.