News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Beauty in the Universe

Started by PipeBox, October 12, 2008, 04:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SallyMutant

I'm surpised that I don't see more discussion of Gaeia (sp?) Theory. Some believe that the earth is a unified living organism, some believe that  the earth might be a unified living organism with some sort of conciousness.
I don't, but when I see natural beauty, I can understand such a position and wish I could thank something.
There's nothing wrong with ambivalence--is there?

Will

I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

liveyoungdiefast

I always find beauty in the Earth and the universe. Personally I think the idea that we are all just boarding on a tiny piece of matter orbiting an insignificant spark inside of another insignificant spark in a vastly infinite universe is a wonderfully fascinating idea.

I was thinking about just how great nature is a few nights ago when sea fog was blanketing the city around sunset, it looked so amazing. And I never feel the urge to think things like it was created for me to see. It's just there because it's there, that's good enough for me.