News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Funniest, most ridiculous aspects of religion

Started by The Magic Pudding, July 26, 2010, 03:09:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawen

Quote from: "'Matt'"Just remembered earlier today: My New Testament teacher attempted for a whole quarter to convince the class that Revelation is a book of hope.
Hope that one may be one of the 144,000.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

Thumpalumpacus

Gawen: don't forget an omniscient god cursing a fig tree because it wasn't in season.  As if he didn't know that.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

Gawen

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"Gawen: don't forget an omniscient god cursing a fig tree because it wasn't in season.  As if he didn't know that.
Ah yes...*chucklin*
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

fazFwQo83

If you haven't already seen it, Bill Maher's documentary Religulous is brilliant. Among other things, he gets kicked out of the Vatican, thrown off Mormon land, and exposes the craziest of the crazies that religion has to offer. From a Puerto Rican guy who believes he is the second coming of Christ (and has a following of over 100,000) to the head of the church of Cantheism - where they basically sit around all day smoking pot and "like, feeling one with the universe man"! And just when you think it can't get any crazier, he reveals magical mormon underwear and the creationist museum. It really is a hoot! When it comes to the topic of religion, Religulous is one of my personal favourites.