News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Homosexual Marriage okayed in California

Started by jrosebud, May 16, 2008, 11:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: "myleviathan"
QuoteCongratulations to our friends in the homosexual community. With any luck, this trend will continue to spread throughout our country.

I think it will. The US has been slower in it's recognition of homosexual relationships and non-married unions compared to Europe and Canada. But slowly and surely it's changing. I know that the recognition of homosexual marriage is a big step, but what about people who decide to stay together without being married? That's the next big jump. People who live together should have the same rights as those who decide to get married, no matter their gender.

We have a system that allows people to just live together and have the same righs as married couples, although it does sometimes demand a contract between the two to be signed prior to or upon moving in with each other. (Mostly in bad cases of splitting property after break-ups. If no such contract is made, everyone leaves with whatever stands in his/her name)

I'm a bit vague on how it works since I've only newly become involved with someone, but the fact is that thousands and thousands of couples here don't even consider getting married and those who do don't always do it in a church.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.